Sunday 4 May 2014

A letter to Sun God!

      It was another tiring day and I was dying for the much needed sleep but there was so much work to be done! I hadn't got even an ounce of sleep previous night. So this noon, when I finally finished all my work and was about to sleep, there was power cut! Aah the scorching sun!! It was so hot! The sun seemed like unleashing its pent up anger on us.


       I couldn't sleep at all! I was so irritated, I started cursing the sun. Not knowing what else to do, I started writing a letter to the sun, hoping somehow it would be read and justice would be delivered!

Dear Sun God!

       I hope everything is alright over there! Well even as I write this, I don't think that is the case! If everything was alright, then why would be burning so much! Maybe there is something troubling you too! Someone or something has made you angry and now you are taking it all on us!

       But let me tell you my side of the story. Lets go back a few years back in time. Remember the days when we used to go out and play with friends during summer vacation? It used to be so much fun. We used to look forward for the summer days! While parents still used to warn us not to play in the heat, we didn't mind your friendship; rather we reveled it. We were happy to let you be a part of our group and have fun with us. Good old days, weren't they?

       Now coming back to the present, I don't think we can have the same comradeship anymore! I no longer have summer holidays and I know it isn't your fault. While you can do nothing about it, it would be very helpful if you stop trying to add more to the already existing list of troubles! Life has become miserable lately. Listening to a lecture itself is difficult enough but now with you showing so much anger and spreading wrath, concentrating on anything has become impossible! Life has become lethargic. I have lost interest in everything! Exams are fast approaching, there are assignments to be written, internals to be read for, project deadline to be met, events to attend and challenges to complete. The work load is increasing. As if the pressure from lecturers and parents isn't enough to suck out every drop of enthusiasm from us, now why are you joining their side too?

       You have such an awesome life. No lecturers or managers to report to; you are the only one in your field and you rock! We all know how important is your presence in our life but that doesn't give you the right to toy with us like this! Whatever the problem you are facing, we all hope you find a solution to it soon. We truly do because we are tired of the affect it is having on us! Didn't anyone tell you that troubling others just because you have some problem is a bad habit? There, I said it now! So please stop the wrath you have brought upon us. Take some anger management classes if necessary but please hurry up and get back to your older, gentler self. And when you do so, lets be friends like before and enjoy the summer. Can we? Please? 

       Hoping you will soon come with a solution to your problem and ours as well. Wishing you lots of luck and success in controlling your anger. Have a cool day and in turn grace us with the same.

Regards,
A girl frustrated from the heat!

       The ice cream that I had kept on the table had already melted away! I longed for the end of this hot summer!


       The power came and I fell asleep forgetting the letter. When I woke up, it wasn't there. I wondered who might have taken it after searching for a long time and still not finding it! It rained heavily last night and today its a little cooler. By any chance, did my letter reach the proper recipient to whom it was addressed?? Aah I hope so!


PS: This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda.



Until the next post,
Keep Smiling :)

Love,
Swathi :)

31 comments:

  1. Even though the scorching sun is at His best , final exams and marriages are conducted in this season. Yes He needs to take anger management classes. nice one, Swathi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kalpana :) Yeah summer can be called as wedding and exam seasons :D

      Delete
  2. i read it smilin all d way :D swatz it is really creative :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Swathi! Thank You for the Liebster nomination. Fabulous posts for A-Z Challenge and a brilliant letter yet again :). I liked your blog and therefore I am nominating (passing on) you for a few chain blog awards. Please check the following link for the same http://ad1274895.blogspot.in/2014/05/awards.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much dear :) I humbly accept it :) and congratulations to you too :)

      Delete
  4. Nice one dear!!!!! It's awesome!!! Sers, you make me laugh :P Athos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank u :) I am glad I made you laugh porthos ;)

      Delete
  5. It is getting really hot!!! You can't stay out side for more than a few minutes... A big thanks to AC!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe dats true!! AC's are becoming a must!

      Delete
  6. hahaha.. thank you for sending this letter (another frustrated head from heat ) .. very nice and creative !

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha! I like how you have ended the post! :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool. (I meant your writing style and not the temperature).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SG :) well temperature cant be termed cool at all for the next few months!

      Delete
  9. Ah this was awesome! Loved the way it ended! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't even know what summer holidays mean just like u said. Now summer holiday means applying sunscreen and sitting INSIDE the house :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah while this time of year used to be fun before, now its just torture :(

      Delete
  11. seriously exams and summers isn't a combination that I fancy but just going through it feels like completing yet another challenge!! loved your post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True nibhz!! So many challenges! Need a break!

      Delete
  12. It's a deadly summer. I hope Mr. sun understands what we are going through after he receives your letter. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the weather is actually cooler n its even raining here from the past 3-4 days!! I guess he read it afterall ;)

      Delete
  13. This was a sweet one Swathi and I kept on smiling while reading..Bangalore has got so hot that some days I too wish penning a letter like this..May be someone will hear :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hahahaha....how cute!! How about sharing his reply too? Im sure he got ur letter!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah, cute post Swathi! Love your personification of the sun and glad to hear your letter worked! I think the Sun God did indeed hear you! ;) <3

    ReplyDelete

Go on, leave a comment. I would like to hear from you :)