Friday night when I reached home, sad because of some unfortunate events, a surprise was waiting for me in my inbox to cheer me up; The Liebster award. I had heard about this award so much and to now receive one, I really feel elated. Thank you Preethi for being kind enough to nominate me. You made my day!
Here are the rules:
1. Link back and thank the blogger who nominated you in your post.
2. List 11 facts about yourself.
3. Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
4. Pick 5 - 10 new bloggers (must have less than 300 followers) to nominate.
5. Ask them 11 new questions. Do not re-nominate the blogger who nominated you.
6. Go to each blogger's site and inform them of their nomination.
The 11 facts about myself:
1. I love music. I don’t mind being alone as long as I have my favorite songs and an earphone.
2. I hate watching 3 hour movies but I can sit and watch serials for hours!
3. I am a K drama addict! There is something about them that makes me watch them non-stop.
4. I love travelling. I wish someday I could go on a long trip around the world.
5. I hate pretense. If I don’t like someone, then I can’t pretend and be nice to them.
6. I don't find it necessary to fill every moment with chatter. I revel the silence.
7. I don’t like being taken care of. Most of the times, I feel like it’s my job. Maybe someday I will get used to it!
8. I wish someday I can write a full length novel.
9. I dream to have a home near the beach where I can sit alone and read novels without having anyone to disturb me.
10. No matter how tasty the outside food is, my mom’s cooking will always be my favorite.
11. I hated ice creams until recently! Now I love them. Guess I can be considered normal now!
Here are the questions that were asked to me:
1. What do you think is more essential-Money or Happiness?
Obviously its happiness! But come one, a shopping spree or new novel can pretty much make me happy. And money can do this ;)
2. Have you ever read a book that made you feel like murdering the Author? If yes which one?
Oh once I had read a book that had given me headache. I am compelled to finish any book I pick up but this one made me sick. It was some three years back and I honestly don't remember the title!
3. Do you think that blogging is a step towards becoming an established Author? If yes, why?
Yes. Blogging connects you with readers and you get to know more about their likes and dislikes. While it’s not easy to please everyone, you can get an idea about what and how you should write in order to touch hearts.
4. Is there an idiosyncrasy that others find charming/irritating in you?
I am known in my friend circle for coming up with most creative and funny come backs during any arguments and they find this charming, except the one for whom the comeback was. They obviously find it irritating!
5. What is the best compliment you have ever received?
Someone once told me that I have a beautiful soul and they are lucky that they crossed path with mine.
6. Who is your favorite author and why?
J.K Rowling. For weaving the magical world of Harry Potter which thought me so many lessons of friendship, trust and making the right choices.
7. Whom will you trust more- your friend or your family?
While I trust both equally, I hope it doesn't come down to the point where I have to make a choice!
8. Do you believe in the power of positive thinking? If yes, do you have any experience to share?
No! I haven’t had any such experiences which made me believe in the power of positive thinking.
9. If you had a choice to select a Hollywood/ Bollywood actor/ actress as your dinner date, whom will you choose?
Can I choose Korean actor please please please? It has to be Lee Min Ho :)
10. Which is that one song that never ceases to cheer you?
I usually get bored of a song after I hear it continuously for a few times. So there is no particular song as such.
11. If you had a chance to be re-born in a place of your choice, where would you choose?
If not India again, then this one has to be South Korea! I have gone crazy about this place after watching K dramas non stop
Here are my nominations for the award:
My questions for my nominees:
1. What is your favorite pastime, apart from reading novels?
2. If given a chance to go back and change one thing from your past, what it would be?
3. Which is the first word that comes to your mind when asked to describe yourself?
4. What got you into blogging?
5. Which is that one thing that can change your foul mood and make you smile within an instant?
6. Which in the memory/incident that you treasure the most?
7. Ten years later from now, where do you see yourself?
8. If given a chance to be invisible for a day, what will you do?
9. Was there any major turning point in your life that made you who you are today? If so, then what is it?
10. What do you think is the key to any successful relationship?
11. According to you, what is the definition of a good novel?
So these are my questions for you. I hope you people will accept the award. Thank you for your love and support. Happy Sunday :)
Until the next post,
Keep Smiling :)