Thursday 4 August 2016

Mischief Managed but Oops...!!

This incident happened when I was in primary.

I love playing in the rain and it was the same even back then. The feel of rain drops on your skin, jumping over the puddles, getting totally drenched, it’s a wonderful feeling. Now I am a little more cautious. But back then, I was all about breaking rules.

That particular day it was raining heavily. It was time to go home and seeing the weather, I instantly cheered up. I wanted to get drenched and I was about to step out when I saw my auto-uncle (the person who used to pick me up and drop me back) standing near the gate, waiting with an umbrella. I was heavily disappointed. I could see all my plans of getting drenched fail right in front of my eyes.

With a sad face and a heavy heart, I was about to walk towards my Auto when my neighbor came. She was a few years elder than me and she used to travel by cycle. Seeing me standing there, she asked me why I was waiting alone. A plan slowly formed in my brain. I told her that my auto uncle had left without me and I didn’t know how to go back. I must have been very good at lying because she was convinced and she decided to give me a ride. Of course, she didn’t have an extra rain coat, so I would get drenched. She asked me if I was okay and I readily agreed as that was exactly what I wanted.

I tried to hide my best behind her bag while passing the auto. I didn’t want him to see me and drag me back. Luckily for me, he didn’t. My plan had worked! I was ecstatic!! That 20 minutes ride home was one of the best rides of my life. It was only after reaching home that I realized I would have to deal with mom’s anger. I decided I would tell her the same lie I had told my neighbor. I mentally ‘hi-5’ed myself for my intelligence.


When I saw my mom standing near the door and waiting for me, anger written all over her face, I pulled the saddest face I could make. When asked why I got drenched in rain instead of coming in auto, I told her that uncle had left without me. I expected her to feel sorry for me too but I got a tight slap for lying. Later I got to know that my auto-uncle had called her informed about me leaving with my neighbor. He even went one step ahead and told her that even though he called me thrice, I didn’t turn and pretended that I didn’t know him. Well, I was caught read handed and I didn’t have anything to say about it. But of course, that never stopped me from doing more mischief in the future.


PS: This post is written for BarAThon Day 4


Until the next post,
Keep Smiling :)

Love,
Swathi :)

4 comments:

  1. Oops! You were a very naughty kid! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! That's so naughty of you. Your poor mother 😛

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a smart and impish lil girl you were!! Enjoyed reading your mischievous act!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahah! that's cute, actually ^_^
    And I admire that naughty kid ;)

    ReplyDelete

Go on, leave a comment. I would like to hear from you :)